Today my Mom and I made banana bread. My kids were so excited, I couldn't believe it. They kept counting the loafs each time we took some out of the oven. We made mini loafs so we were able to make 12. They were begging to have some. I told them that it was for dessert, and if they ate their dinner and were good they could have some. I could not believe how fast AJ finished eating and was asking for banana bread. I said we would have it for dessert after Family Home Evening. He then asked for more food. After we cleaned up dinner and had Family Home Evening. We all sat at the table for banana bread. My kids LOVED it. I cut up one loaf for every one to have a piece. My kids all asked for more. So I cut up another loaf. I think AJ had his in his mouth in one bite. When they asked for more I told them we were gong to safe some for later, and I was going to give some to the ladies that I visit teach. You should have seem the look of shock (almost horror) on AJ's face. I wish I had a picture. He could not believe that I would give some away. You do need to know that I do not make banana bread very often. Actually this is the first time
I have made banana bread. I usually make banana muffins or my bread maker makes it for me. And I save bananas and I don't find the time or desire to end up making banana bread. So when I said I was going to make banana bread with the banana's, nobody in my family believed me. So thanks to my Mom who gave me the little push I needed to make BANANA BREAD.
No comments:
Post a Comment