Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Douglas, WY

I started my long journey on a Sunday night. My thought was that I would drive all night and get to Evanston, WY first thing in the morning. Of course things never go the way you think they will. I made it until about 1:30 am, and I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. So we pulled over at a rest stop and I slept for about 1 1/2 hours. Then I drove for about 1 hour and decided I just wasn't going to make it. So we stopped again and I slept until my kids started to wake up, about 6:00 am. I was ready to drive so we hit the road again. We made a few stops for the bathrooms, breakfast, and to get diapers, and then made it to Evanston around 2:00 pm. We visited our friends Mike and Nicole for a few hours and then it was back in the car to finish our drive to Douglas, WY. We stopped in Casper to get gas and to get something to eat. It was about 11:30 pm so we stopped at the walmart to get lunchables. You would think that we would be able to get in and out fast but we can't. We finally left about 12:15am. We were almost to Douglas when we got the most beautiful lightening show. And as we pulled off the highway in Douglas it started to rain. Always fun when you are trying to get sleeping kids from a van into a house. We finally made it to my Brother Bryan's house. Thank you for letting us come at stay with you. We had lots of fun in Douglas and my brother worked on my teeth. It was nice that I have it done and my Brother is a Great Dentist, but I wouldn't say that part of the trip was fun. Tuesday I had my teeth cleaned and then Kristy and I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch. It took us an hour to get them to stop playing long enough for us to get in the car. Then when we got to the play place they didn't want to play. What can you do? They did end up playing and having a great time. After eating we drove around Douglas. When we went back to Bryan and Kristy's house, the kids went and played soccer in the backyard. It was fun watching them play together. On Wednesday we went to the pool. The kids had so much fun swimming. Of course Both Kristy and I forgot our camera's. So when Bryan came after work he brought them. We then made up for not having them earlier. The kids had fun going down the slides and playing in the sprinkler. Jana and Callie I think are part fish. I finally talked Emily into going down the big slide if I went first. She had so much fun she went on it again and again until they closed the slide. When the pool closed I had to drag my kids away. They had so much fun. That night I went to a soccer coaches clinic with my brother. I learned some great things and had fun too. Thanks Kristy for watching all the kids. Thursday we just let the kids play and Kristy and I visited. It was nice to just sit an chat. That night my brother did some more dental work. And then it was time to get ready to leave. My kids were sad to go, but we would see them again in less than a week at the family reunion. Thanks Bryan and Kristy for a Fabulous time!






















































No comments: