Saturday, May 30, 2009

A week in my life....

Warning this is a very long post, more for my journal then anything. Enjoy!





Last week for Emily's Baptism, all of my family and most of Alex's family decided to make the long trip and come see Emily. My family decided it would be fun to all stay at my house. So we had my Mom and Dad, My eldest Brother Bryan, his wife Kristy and their two boys, Jacob and Kaleb. My sister Melanie. My sister Janae and her husband Nate. My brother Darrell, his wife Janell and their son Steven. My brother Bradley. And my brother Casey and his wife Rachel. And they all stayed at my house. Alex's Family decided to stay in San Francisco so they could do some sight seeing.
Anyway My family left Utah Friday morning about 8:45am. They all left at about the same time but decided they would all drive their own speed. (My parent drive slower, and everyone wanted to get here quick). earlier in the week we had ordered another Refrigerator to put in the garage. So I spent the day doing laundry, (making sure I had enough towels and sheets), and cleaning in the garage. Come to find out the only time they could deliver the Refrigerator was Saturday Between 4:30-6:30pm and Emily's Baptism was at 4:00pm across town. So I canceled the refrigerator. I know I should have ordered it sooner but I didn't. Plus it saved me a lot of my and we were fine having that many people and only one refrigerator. We did put a few things in Brian and Jessica's so we didn't have to but things on Sunday. And we put drinks in a cooler with ice. It all worked out for the best. Anyway back to Friday. I spent so much time in the garage I didn't work on the inside of my house. It's amazing to me how fast 4 kids can mess it up. So when my mom call at about 4 and told me they were almost to Reno, I started to panic. I had just received the call about the refrigerator, and was frustrated about wasting my day in the garage. And then my parents were only 3 1/2 hours away. I couldn't believe it. So I called my husband, and being the wonderful man that he is, he came home from work at 4:45 and helped me clean the house. Then at 7:30 my parents showed up at my house. I couldn't believe it. Not only were they the first ones here, I think it was the fastest they had ever driven to my house. The next car showed up at about 8:15, and the last car showed up at about 9:30. With my brother Bradley who would not ride with my parents because the last time he came with them, it took 18 hours to get here. I was very impressed with my Parents and Casey and Rachel. We had a nice chat with everyone and then it was a free for all to find a bed to sleep in. My parents slept in the office. (Yes it is still clean) Janae and Nate slept on the hid a bed in the front room. Bryan and Kristy slept on the hid a bed in the Family room. Darrell and Janell slept in Emily's bed, with Steven in their pack 'n play. Melanie slept on a twin mattress in the loft. Bradley slept in a twin air mattress in the loft. Casey and Rachel slept on their air mattress in the loft and Emily and Janae had an air mattress set up but they slept all over in the loft. Jacob and Kaleb slept on the bottom bunk of AJ's bed's and AJ slept on the top bunk. Callie slept in her crib. And Alex and I slept in our on room in the most comfortable bed. I LOVE MY BED! Saturday morning I woke up at 6:30 am, (I know it's hard to believe, but I did) and went to Walmart to get a few things for the Baptism dinner and to get milk for breakfast. I know feeding 21 people is hard work. So for breakfast I pulled out about 10 different box's of cereal and said enjoy. Then I went to Save Mart to get a few things I didn't have to finish making jello salad. Then it was off to the mall to find Emily a Baptism Dress. I know what you are all thinking, "It's the day of her baptism and you don't have a dress?" All week we had planned to go to the mall so we could find a dress and get Emily's ears pierced. But with 4 kids life gets in the way. So Emily invited My 2 sisters and my 3 sister in laws. On they way there I told Emily that if we found a dress fast, and it was a price I was willing to pay, she could get her ears pierced too. I had looked on line and knew that Sears had white dresses so I decided to start there first. We walked in, found a rack of all white dresses, each picked our favorite, Emily picked 3 she liked tried them on, Janell found a different size for the one she liked, I payed for it, and we all walked out. And we did this all in about 10-15 min. My favorite things she said as she was trying the dresses on were: "Will any of you be sad if I don't pick the dress you picked?" and " This Dress is Beautiful and I and Beautiful!" We stopped by another store so my sister in law could get something, the candy store to get some sour worms, and then it was off to Claire's to get her ears pierced. Alex called me to see if we had made it to the mall and when I told him we had already found a dress he was shocked. They had thought we would be gone all day. We made it to Claire's but had to wait a few minutes. Then it was time for the big moment. Emily has been waiting for this day since she could talk. She did very well I thought after they did the first one she might back out but she was brave and stuck with it. Then we headed back to my house for lunch. My family decided that while they were here thy would divide up the meals, so that I didn't have to fix and Pay for 21 people. So my parents had Saturdays lunch. They went and picked up chicken from KFC, pasta and potato salads and a watermelon from O'brien's. They pasta salad was the best I have had from there. Then it was time to start getting ready for the Baptism. I had my dad take some pictures of her but they are on his camera mot mine. I did take a few pictures they are on the previous post. I handed my kids their clothes and went to get ready. Thanks Melanie for helping Callie and fixing her hair. Jana fixed her own hair. After I had all my kids ready I sent them with Alex to the church to help set up. Then Melanie and I went to Costco to pick up paper cups, the rolls and deli trays, and brownie bites. We checked out the quickest I ever have on a Saturday. Then we went to the stake center for Emily's Baptism. Emily planned out her whole program, from who would speak to who would play the Piano. I think she did a great job. She asked me to sing. I did talk her into letting my sisters sing with me. Then she decided to ask all her aunts and 2 Grandmothers to sing as well. We sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". She also sang with her brother, sister and cousins. They sang "Baptism" I think we all did a great job. My Brothers Darrell and Bryan spoke on Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. My mom,Christine played the piano, and my sister in law Janell lead the music. Nate played the piano for the women to sing. AJ and my brother Bradley said the opening and closing prayers. My Dad and Alex's Brother in law Keith were her witnesses. And Alex Baptised Emily and then confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and gave her the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Brother Bob Nickels and Bishop Bill Eitelgeorge both spoke as well. It was a surprise that the Bishop came because it was his Birthday. He told Emily it was the best present he could get, to watch her get Baptised. I thought that was very sweet. She was a little sad because several of her friends were out of town for the holiday weekend. But she still had my whole Family, (if you want to know names look back at the top) Alex's Mother Louise, Alex's Sister Vickie, her husband Keith and their 2 kids Kendal and Karli. Alex's Sister Veronica, her husband Rob and their 3 kids, Michelle, Kimberly and Matthew. Her Friends Savanna and Claire, and there mom Becca. Her Friends Camryn and Daryn and their Brother Tyler, Sister Aubryn and Parents, Ryan and Liz. Brother Bob Nickels and His wife Terry. Bishop Bill Eitelgeorge His wife Julie and his daughter Jenny. The Primary President Jamie Carlson. And Alex, Myself, AJ, Jana and Callie. It turned out to be a beautiful Baptism. After, we all headed to the Bowery for a nice dinner of Lunch meat, cheese and rolls, jello salad, fruit, veggies, chips and brownie bits for dessert. If anyone knows me, I planned way to much food. But it was good. We had lots of fun just hanging out and talking. The kids played on the playground, and some of my brothers played Frisbee. It was a nice day with a cool breeze. After spend several hours there, My big family and my small family went back to my house. We put the kids to bed and then some of my family went out to the hot tub. I stood out there talking with them, having a great time.
Would you believe that Sunday morning we had 21 people, not only on time to 9:00am church but we were about 7 min early. We took up 2 of the big middle rows. CRAZY. AJ gave a talk in primary. The theme was "Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family." He started with talking about Baptism and why we do it. Then he he was going to talk about how he felt when Emily was baptised but when he said when we get baptised we do it in the name Jesus Christ. He said Amen and sat down. Alex, who had been helping him, stood there for a few seconds and then came and sat down with me. Even though AJ cut it short no one seemed to notice. I think he did great. In Relief Society it was interesting introducing the whole row. After church we went home and had lunch leftover rolls and stuff. Then we all took turns playing games and taking naps. I beat my Brother Bradley at Ticket to Ride. He had been telling me he was going to "kick my trash" since they come on Friday. I guess I proved him wrong. We and when I say we, I mean Alex. Made yummy taco's for dinner. My family loved them, so did I. Then it was time for bed. Monday we woke up and got ready to go to San Francisco. We went and walked around by Ghirardelli Square and then down by the bay. We all split up to eat lunch, some eating chicken, burgers, fish and chips, subway sandwiches and clam chowder. After lunch my family went to see the Giants game, But Alex and I took our kids to the zoo to meet up with his family. When we got there it was crazy trying to find a spot to park. After driving around for 25-30 min. we finally found a parking spot on the street. Then we had to wait in line another 15-20 min. to buy our tickets. Once we got in we had fun seeing Alex's Family and seeing the Animals. My favorite were the gorilla's. One of the females was out walking around, checking things out, when the big silver back gorilla came out. He walked around to one side and looked at the people taking picture. Then he walked to the next spot and looked at the people there taking pictures. Then he came over by us climbed up on a rock and posed for a picture. Hilarious! Then he went back inside. A few minutes later another female came outside. The male followed her to the door and stood there like he was making sure she was ok. The other animals we not so exciting but the kids had fun. We enjoyed spend the time with Alex's family. My kids love to play with there cousins. After the zoo we went with Alex's Family to The Elephant Bar for dinner. It was good but I like the one in Modesto better. I did however love the chocolate brownie with ice cream that Alex got with his meal. Yummy! After dinner it was time to say goodbye and head home. My Family stayed in the bay area so they could do some more sightseeing. It was nice to come home to a quiet house. The kids were so tired that they all came in and put there pj's on, we said prayers and they went to bed with little to no talking. I like nights like that. Tuesday my family spent the day in the bay area, so I had the day to myself (with my husband and kids). My Friend Jessica came over to hang out. She had been out of town for two weeks and had just got home Monday. It was fun to talk and catch up. We ended up going to lunch with Jessica, her husband Brian and their son Colby. We had Jana and Callie as well. We went to Strings, a fabulous Italian restaurant. So good. We just hung out after lunch and had a great time. My family came back about 9:00pm. I had just put my kids to bed and they stayed asleep. Yeah! Some us got in the hot tub. Some watched a movie and some went to bed. I sat in the hot tub. So nice and relaxing. I had a lot of fun taking to my family. I hope they enjoyed it as well. Wednesday I had a meeting with the Principle at the Elementary at 8. (I had had one with the Vice Principle on Tuesday Morning.) It was also Jana's Preschool Graduation. I had stuff to make french toast and bacon and sausage. But I didn't have time to make it. So my Brother Darrell, My sister Janae and her husband Nate made Breakfast for everyone. Thank you! Because Jana's graduation was held in a high school class room, only my parents came with us. Jana was funny she didn't smile until she saw her Grandparents. Then smile gave the a big smile. When her teacher called her name to go get her certificates, she didn't budge. So the principle walk them over to her, but she wouldn't take them. Finally he gave them to the little girl sitting next to her. Jana got them from her a min. later. It took her a little while before she would smile for anymore pictures but she finally did. It was so nice to be able to Callie and AJ home with my siblings. Thanks for watching them. After we went back to my house to play games. And them we pulled out the water slides. I think my family had a fun time on them. My kids always do. Some of the neighbor kids joined in the fun as well. The kids also had their turn in the hot tub. I don't think they enjoyed it as much as my siblings did. Bradley didn't stop taking about how nice it was to sit and relax in the hot tub. We played some games that night and just hung out. Some of went to the store to get food for our trip to Yosemite. My family then spent time packing up all of their stuff to take with them to Yosemite. When we were deciding what time we would leave in the morning. some of my family wanted to leave at 8. I told them that I was not going that early because I had been up early every day they had been there and some the week before. Alex said he didn't know who I was anymore. (I am NOT a morning person.) But they were welcome to leave whenever and we would meet them there. Thursday they ended up leave about 8:45. We didn't leave until 12:00. Which was a good thing because when I looked in the refrigerator, I noticed that some of the food that was suppose to go was still in there. So we had to pack that up as well. I would like to think that was the reason we left so late. But I think we would have left that late any way. We stopped at Jessica's to borrow their back pack for kids. (My brother was using mine and I wanted one for Callie) Thanks Jessica, Callie loved it. We then made the long trip up to Yosemite. We met my family at the base of Yosemite Falls. We ate a quick lunch and then took the short hike up to the falls. Some of my family, including Emily and AJ, hiked up on the rocks and got soaking wet. I think they had fun, until they realized that they were cold. We went to a few other falls and views to look at. It rained part of the time. It would be beautiful and then it would rain for 10-20 minutes and then it would clear up and be beautiful again. We all went back to the hotel rooms to eat dinner (we made our own pizza's), watch a movie and then go swimming. Friday morning most of my family went to go on a longer hike. I didn't go because I have 4 kids that would have whined and complained the whole time. So instead we went swimming with my mom, Kristy, Jacob, Kaleb, Janell, and Steven. Alex did go on the hike with the rest of my family and had a lot of fun. After swimming we met everyone for lunch. Just as we were getting there Callie said she had to go to the bathroom. So I got out with her and started walking all over trying to find one. By the way it had also started to rain. Finally we found one and she made it. On our way back Alex came to pick us up. What a great, thoughtful guy. We ate lunch in the rain and when were finished eating, it stopped raining. We went to see some more water falls and gorgeous views. The pictures speak for themselves. My mom wanted a family picture while we were all together. We finally did get a one with a gorgeous backdrop. That night we had Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. Yummy. After putting kids to bed we played Rage, a fun card game. Then when most of my family went to bed, Casey, Rachel and I played Ticket to Ride, Nordic Countries. Alex watched. I thought he was going to bed so I felt bad he couldn't play. (Nordic Countries is a 3 person game). Then it was time to go to bed. In the morning we packed up our stuff, said our goodbyes, and headed home. We stopped to drop off Alex so he could go biking with Brian, Ryan and Steve. Sorry we were late. I took my kids home long enough for them to go to the bathroom, and for me to unload the car. Then we headed to Turlock to see our friends Liz and her kids. I met Jessica at Costco first and then we went to Liz's house to let the kids swim. We had a great time hanging out and watching the kids swim. I only stayed a couple hours because I was exhausted. We went home to eat dinner and watch a movie. Then we all went to bed exhausted from a long week. I had a great week with my family, I hope they all did as well.

No comments: